Friday, December 18, 2009

Week 12 Wrap up

Social networking. I do not use it but see a lot of staff and especially library users who do (Bebo is the favourite of many of our users). I can see that libraries are already using it as a marketing tool and also to keep people updated on what is happening. It really is a good way to bring all the different library 2.0 applications together so that you can get a real interactive feel. I think what people like is that they have some control and input into this site that they do not have on a website.

Overall all I have really enjoyed doing this and although it did take a very long time to do there have been technical difficulties along the way which made it hard to complete. This course has enabled some of these It type issues to be sorted out which has helped staff and public alike. It has opened my eyes to many things and as someone who gets asked a lot of computer and IT questions it was interesting to be on the other side thinking why can they get it to work but I can't

I also promise library 2.1 will not take as long to complete

No comments: