Friday, February 26, 2010

Twitter

I have had a twitter account at home but found that I was not looking at it frequently enough or really saw the benefits for me. Certainly I see why users would have it on their mobile phones, etc as it is meant to be looked at straight away and why people are using it so much. Unfortunately we cannot access twitter at work due to restrictions but we have started using yammer.com .
Our library manager started us off on it and we have been using it to keep in touch with each other concerning interesting technology, surveys, articles, websites, etc. This has been from my perspective an excellent way to see what others are looking at but also to comment and interact. For me at a branch it has been a good way to still feel connected to the central library and what is happening that day rather than waiting for it to reach us.

No comments: