Saturday, November 15, 2008

Week 10 Mashups

I must admit it took me a while to get my head around mashups. It took quite a lot of searching all the different websites to get a feel for how it would be useful in a library environment. I could see how the maps/images etc worked but stuggled with how it could be used
. Once I got a feel for it though (and after a substantial break) I can see how libraries could use it for marketing and also the maps are very handy to show locations on. I was also very surprised at the scope of mashups on the net and found some very interesting ones using crime statistics as well as one where you can get a picture of a road in disrepair and send it to council. A way of staff and patrons commenting on the library surrounds by being able to show a picture of it

I also created this mashup of a library I know well


No comments: