Friday, March 26, 2010

More with google docs

I have stated before i like Zoho but on having a closer look at google docs I can see some very obvious strengths. It of course integrates well with other google applications and I did like the ability to check older drafts. It also seems to blend in well with other non google applications as well. For someone who used google, gmail, etc a lot I can see how good it is and also I think companies, groups would be better off using it as well as it has that google feel about it that everyone would recognise. So I do have a greater appreciation for google docs and will try to use it at work in the future. For my personal use I just like the look and feel of zoho and find it works better for me. I did a little scouting looking for comparisons on the internet and zoho gains a lot of positive reviews. Zoho seems preferred in business circles as it is marketed at that area and google docs more for personal needs. It seems google docs is also better at real time changes/editing than Zoho which is probably not surprising.
I also found this offering from a well known name - Adobe
It is very simple and of course integrates brilliantly with PDF documents and had a really nice look and feel to it. I also felt it was very easy to use and very easy to navigate (probably a bit easier than google docs or zoho). It was a bit slower due to it's realiance on flash but overall I was impressed

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Sounds like you had a very interesting time exploring the options.

Ellen (PLS)